I'm gathering information about quilt retreats in these Southern states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia.
Listings I have found are shown below, but watch this site for more to come!
Do you know of a great retreat center or event for quilters? Recommend a retreat.
And take a few minutes to explore all of the pages on this site, where you'll find:
- Fun ideas for retreats, such as activities, games, local tours, and, of course, treats!
- Cute, clever quilter T-shirts, tote bags, and other gifts for yourself and your quilting friends--including real men who quilt!
- Recommended quilting books with great retreat projects.
- A place to share your ideas and tips for creating a terrific retreat experience.
Thanks for visiting this guide and Happy Quilting!
Quilters Retreats by State
- Cullman: Red Rooster Retreat. Main center is designed for group retreats with up to 24 guests; additional building across the street for 14 guests. Includes all meals, lake access, and swimming pool.
- Odenville (near Birmingham): Magnolia Park Retreat. Retreat center for quilters, crafters, and scrapbooking. Retreat rates include all meals and housing in 2 BR suites. Minimum 15, maximum 28 overnight guests.
- Scottsboro: Grand Oak Retreat. A luxury retreat lodge located on 30 acres with a lake view from the workroom. Packages include all meals. Group retreats for up to 24 people.
- Eureka Springs: Retreat at Sky Ridge. Country resort with luxury cabins for small group retreats. General banquet room that can be set up for quilting. Near many outdoor and art attractions.
- Panama City Beach: Quilter's Paradise Retreat. Annual weekend event at a local beach hotel. Choose from classes or work on your own projects while enjoying trunk shows, door prizes, and an on-site store.
Dreaming about starting your own quilt business?
Check out these recommended guides
to make money quilting.
- Cadiz: Kentucky Lake Log Home. Private, lakefront home available for small group retreats. Fully equipped kitchen, work tables, cutting and ironing stations. Many artists in nearby town and only 30 minutes from Paducah Quilt Museum. Maximum 11 guests.
- Lacombe: Pine Lily Retreat House. Private home converted to a retreat center for small groups. Full kitchen, large craft room, spacious grounds, craft stores nearby. Catering, spa services, and classes available as an option. Maximum 10 guests.
- Lafayette: Lazy Lucy Retreat House. Center for small-group retreats. Workroom with WiFi access, full kitchen. Shops and restaurants nearby. Maximum 12 guests.
- Maggie Valley: Summit Quilt Retreat Center. A private home converted to a group sewing retreat in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Includes a fully equipped kitchen, screened porch, quilter's library, and use of an Accuquilt cutting machine. Minimum 4/maximum 6 guests.
- Lebanon: Silver Maples Retreat. Private home converted to a group retreat center in a rural setting. Workroom includes design walls & large ironing surface. Quilt shops nearby. Maximum 9 guests.
- Sevierville: Mountain Lake Ranch. A Christian-oriented, but non-denominational retreat center with lodges available for quilting groups. Fishing, hiking, and lakefront beach available at the site; located near the shops and tourist attractions in Eastern Tennessee.
- Sevierville: Lodge at Douglas Lake. Lakeshore lodge for small group retreats. Work room includes task lighting, iron/ironing boards, and cutting mats. Prepare meals in a full kitchen or choose optional catering. Maximum: 30 guests
- Fancy Gap: Volunteer Gap Inn. Rural retreat facility for small groups. Sewing room and catered meals in a large barn; accommodations in cabins or Inn rooms. Maximum 20 guests.
- Paw Paw: Double O Retreat. Retreat in a 60 acre forest setting for group events. Workroom includes kitchenette and WiFi; deck, sunroom & fireplace. Rereats include home-cooked meals. Minimum 6/Maximum 12 guests.
- Various locations: Quilting & Rug Hooking Retreat. Weekend retreats for individuals or groups of friends with workspace & optional activities. Held in a state park lodge or in the sponsor's retail shop. Hotel-style accommodations; meals Included.
Looking for solid advice on opening a quilt shop?
Check out these helpful quilt shop business guides.