We're gathering information about writing retreats in these Southern states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia.
Listings we have found are shown below, but watch this site for more to come!
- Eureka Springs: Writer's Colony at Dairy Hollow. Offers residencies of 1 week to 3 months for writers in all forms. Accommodations in private writing suites; all meals included. Ideal for concentrated writing time; nearby natural and artistic attractions.
- Daytona Beach: WriteLines Retreat. Multi-day, retreat events at a resort. Leader is a creative writing teacher and certified workshop presenter for the Amherst Writers and Artists method.
- North Wilkesboro: Blue Ridge Napping Institute. Simple cabin-style accommodations for individual writing retreats in a rural, wooded setting. WiFi access, kitchen facilities, trails, pond, and organic gardens. Work-trade options available.
- Various Locations: Table Rock Writers. Week-long, small-group retreats open for individual registration. Held in quiet rural settings with lodging and meals included. Schedule allows for personal writing time, guest speakers, and group activities.
- Pulaski: HillHouse Writer's Retreat. A private home turned center for individual retreats; owned by two writers. Farm setting with ponds, gardens, and animals. Private bedroom/bath for writing; studio space also available for creating art.