Eastside Seattle Walks
20+ routes to explore
nature, history, and public art
in Seattle’s eastern suburbs
by author and artist
Janice M. King
Or, support local bookstores by asking your favorite to order the book for you or ordering online at bookshop.org.
From a country path in Carnation to a riverside walk in Redmond … a nearby mountain lake in North Bend to an art-filled urban park in downtown Bellevue … the cities and towns in the eastern suburbs of Seattle offer a terrific variety of interesting walks.
Eastside Seattle Walks will help you explore them all with easy, family-friendly routes that can be done in about an hour.
Inside you’ll find:
- 20+ walks with photos and clear descriptions of the route and points of interest
- Information on nearby parking and availability of transit and other services
- Locations of public artworks, elements of local history, and natural features
- Ideas and questions for encouraging exploration by curious adults and kids
- Resources to enhance your enjoyment and learning for each walk
- Tips for extending the walk with other nearby routes, museums, or intriguing areas and activities
Find Walks For: Bellevue, Bothell, Carnation, Duvall, Fall City, Issaquah, Kenmore, Kirkland, Maple Valley, Medina, Mercer Island, Newcastle, North Bend, Redmond, Renton, Sammamish, Snoqualmie, and Woodinville.
Follow Eastside Seattle Walks on social media for the latest walking ideas and updates:
And for more walking inspiration: